Thanks for using Black Pearl Mail for your new email branding, analytics and signature management. Note that you will need to have Admin access in order to implement the instructions below.
If you do not have Admin access, don't panic, we're always on hand to help you out. Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the orange support button in the bottom left corner of this page.
How it works
The globally distributed Black Pearl Mail technology applies your branding and signatures on outgoing emails. This allows branding to be applied consistently on all emails, even when you send from your mobile phone or tablet. It also lets you manage your branding and signatures centrally in the online dashboard, and generates analytics and reporting on your outgoing email traffic e.g. Sender, Recipient, Subject, Date sent, received and opened.
As your new email branding is applied after the email is sent you should remove your old signature in your email client (desktop, laptop, tablet and/or mobile devices).
We highly respect your privacy and security, and as such do not store the content of your emails.
To have your new email branding applied to a pilot group only, follow the instructions below. Remember, we're always on hand if you get stuck or have any feedback on these instructions.If you have existing connectors, then it's up to you whether you create new connectors or modify existing ones. The process below describes how to route your outbound email through the Black Pearl Mail platform. We're happy to discuss what might be the appropriate solution with your environment.Login to the Exchange Admin Center.
Select mail flow, and then click connectors.
Scroll down to the Outbound Connectors, click +. The New Outbound Connector dialog box opens.
select From: Office 365 and To: Partner organization and click Next.
Name the connector Black Pearl Mail Outbound.
Ensure Route email through these smart hosts is selected, and click the + button.
Add smtp.blackpearlmail.com and click Save.
Click + and add email@example.com and click Save.
Click Validate, and wait while this completes, and click save. If the status is not Succeeded (as per below) please contact Support via the button on the right hand side.
You will now be returned to the connectors screen, and choose + to add a second connector.
Select From: Your organizations server and To: Office 365 and click Next.
Name the connector Black Pearl Mail Inbound and click Next.
- Ensure By verifying that the subject name on the on the certifcate that the sending server uses to authenticate with Office 365 matches this domain is selected.
- Add *.blackpearlmail.com.
- Click Next.
- Click Save.
Choose the rules tab on the left and click the + to add a new rule.
- Name the rule Black Pearl Mail pilot
- click More options (down the bottom of window)
- choose Apply this rule if The sender is.. and choose the users you would like in the pilot group
- choose Do the following... Redirect the message to... the following connector and choose Black Pearl Mail Outbound
- Choose Except if… A message header… matches these text patterns
- Click on enter text and add X-BP
- Click Enter text patterns and add the following string:
- Choose Except if again and then choose The message type is… Automatic reply
- Choose Except if again and then choose The sender… domain is
- Click enter words and add onmicrosoft.com
- Press save
You can send a test email to verify your outbound email is being routed via Black Pearl Mail. If you have any queries please contact Support.