Thanks for using Black Pearl Mail for your new email branding, analytics and signature management. Note that you will need to have Admin access in order to implement the instructions below.
If you do not have Admin access, don't panic, we're always on hand to help you out. Just email us at email@example.com or click on the orange support button in the bottom left corner of this page.
How it works
The globally distributed Black Pearl Mail technology applies your branding and signatures on outgoing emails. This allows branding to be applied consistently on all emails, even when you send from your mobile phone or tablet. It also lets you manage your branding and signatures centrally in the online dashboard, and generates analytics and reporting on your outgoing email traffic e.g. Sender, Recipient, Subject, Date sent, received and opened.
As your new email branding is applied after the email is sent you should remove your old signature in your email client (desktop, laptop, tablet and/or mobile devices).We highly respect your privacy and security, and as such do not store the content of your emails.
To have your new email branding applied, follow the instructions below.
Remember, we're always on hand if you get stuck or have any feedback on these instructions.
If you have existing connectors, then it's up to you whether you create a new connector or modify an existing one. The process below describes how to route your outbound email via a single connector through the Black Pearl Mail platform. We're happy to discuss what might be the appropriate solution with your environment.
- login to the Exchange Admin Center
- select mail flow, and then click connectors.
- Scroll down to the Outbound Connectors, click +. The New Outbound Connector dialog box opens
- select From: Office 365 and To: Partner organization and click next
- name the connector Black Pearl Mail, (or anything else as you see fit)
- ensure Only when email messages are sent to these domains is selected, and click the + button
- Add * as the only domain record unless you want to limit the scope of the connector to specific domains names in your environment
- click next
- select Route email through these smart hosts and click the + button
- Add smtp.blackpearlmail.com and click save
- click next
- uncheck Always use Transport Layer Security (TLS) to secure the connection. Note - the transport of emails between Office 365 and Black Pearl Mail will still be secure using SSL
- Once you have checked the settings are correct click next
- click the + button
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org as the email address to test the connector, and click ok
- click validate
- once the validation has completed click finish. Your connector is now enabled. However, bear in mind this can take up to 1 hour to propagate to all Office 365 servers.