Outlook is one of the few email clients that still prevents the automatic download of pictures in email messages, by default. This default setting was common practice as a security measure to help prevent spamming. Most email clients now allows images by default, as spam is generally handled much better these days. By default Outlook permits images from sites in your Trusted Zone to show but blocks all others. However, you must manually add trusted zones which is time consuming.
It is easy to change the default setting to display images automatically by default, as follows:
1. Open Outlook 2010.
2. Go to the Ribbon and select File.
3. Click Options.
4. In the left pane, select Trust Center.
5. Click the Trust Center Settings button.
6. Select Automatic Download from the left pane.
7. Uncheck the Don’t download pictures automatically in HTML e-mail messages or RSS items checkbox.
8. Click OK.9. Click OK to close the Outlook Options window.