Thanks for using Black Pearl Mail for your new email branding, analytics and signature management. Note that you will need to have Admin access in order to implement the instructions below.
If you do not have Admin access, don't panic, we're always on hand to help you out. Just email us at email@example.com.
How it works
The globally distributed Black Pearl Mail technology applies your branding and signatures on outgoing emails. This allows branding to be applied consistently on all emails, even when you send from your mobile phone or tablet. It also lets you manage your branding and signatures centrally in the online dashboard, and generates analytics and reporting on your outgoing email traffic e.g. Sender, Recipient, Subject, Date sent, received and opened.
As your new email branding is applied after the email is sent you should remove your old signature in your email client (desktop, laptop, tablet and/or mobile devices).
We highly respect your privacy and security, and as such do not store the content of your emails.
Firstly, in order to provide you with the best email delivery experience possible, we recommend you update the SPF record(s) for all domains you send email for. This ensures that emails sent from these domains aren’t accidentally caught by spam filters. If you do not currently have SPF records setup and would like more information these articles will be useful:
Remember, we're always on hand if you get stuck or have any feedback on these instructions.
Secondly, to have your new email branding activated, follow the steps below.
- Sign in to your G Suite administrator control panel.
- Select the Apps (Manage apps and their settings) icon.
- Select the G Suite (G Suite Core Services) icon.
- Click on the Gmail icon in the list
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on Advanced Settings
- Select the Hosts tab
- On the right-hand side choose the Add Route button (shown below)
- Add the mail route details as per below:
- Click Save
- On the left select the organizational unit you want to use for trialing Black Pearl. If you do not have an organization unit set up, see these instructions to create one.
- In the search box type "routing" to filter the General Settings page, as per below
- Hover over the Routing and on the right, a Configure button will appear. Click Configure
- Add the configuration as shown below
- Click the Add setting button
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the window.
- To add more users to the pilot group just move those additional users to the organization unit that is being used as the pilot group (for details on moving users to an organization unit).